Summer 2019: Group Lessons / Riding Camps
English style riding programs available through Oregon City Community Education Programs & Services and North Clackamas Parks & Recreation. Participants should be aged 8-18 years. Riding helmets are provided, however you are required to bring your own flat-soled boots, and a signed waiver before you can ride.
The lessons through OCCEP&S are designed for those with no prior experience to having ridden just a few times. The lessons are an hour and a half, once per week for four weeks. You will learn about:
- Being comfortable on and around horses, grooming & basic care
- Saddling the horse, maintaining your riding equipment
- The fee for this class is $150
- Tu, Th & Fr classes available, June-Aug. Register online, or call (503) 785-8520
The program through NCPRD is a week long camp, also open to beginners and includes the same experience listed above and builds on that. Additional time is spent riding and learning how to care for and maintain a healthly horse. You will have a better understanding of your riding equipment and learn at greater depth based on the US Pony Club D standard. It finishes off with a horse show at the end of the week and is a great opportunity to invite family to see what they've accomplished!
- The same learning experience as above
- The fee for this class is $285
- M-F classes available, June-Aug. Register online, or call (503) 794-3877
For questions directly related to these programs and not about registration, you may contact Martine Baccelleiri at (503) 780-0548 or via email. If you're looking for more than a short program and are interested in ongoing lessons and training, call the stable at 503.632.4740 to find out more.